St. Thomas Economic Development Corporation
Government ServicesBusiness Information Services
The Economic Development Corporation promotes St. Thomas and the surrounding area through a number of means, including external marketing, trade shows, company visitations, as well as remaining in close contact with a variety of prospect generators. In addition, the Corporation works closely with existing businesses to ensure that the local business environment is a healthy one that encourages the prosperity and expansion of those companies which call St. Thomas home.
The mandate of the EDC also includes the management of Railway City Tourism and the Elgin/St. Thomas Small Business Enterprise Centre.
* Non-monetary assistance to business, industry and local institutions
* Promotional programs such as advertising, tradeshows and travel to target market areas to promote new investment
* Assist local companies with expansion and modernization programs
* Land and building site selection information Sale of City owned and EDC owned land
* Provision of statistical and market data
* Product sourcing and potential market identification
* Assistance with business start-ups
* Liaison with provincial and federal governments regarding investment and business opportunities
* Advice and referrals to appropriate civic officials, government offices, institutions and local businesses
* Consultation and networking with local businesses and industry
Rep/Contact InfoSean DykeCEOCindy HastingsManager, Business Development