Job Posting: Summer Student 2021
St. Thomas & District Chamber of Commerce - Summer Student 2021
115-300 South Edgeware Road, St. Thomas, Ontario N5P 4L1
Event/Digital Media Coordinator & Office Assistant
Under the supervision of the C.E.O., the summer student is responsible for verification and revision of data used in various Chamber publications and directories; participates in development and delivery of special events, both virtual and in-person (when guidelines allow); provides assistance to Chamber clients and Members; and, assists with general operation of the Chamber of Commerce office.
1) Update and verify information within Chamber membership database.
2) Assist in operating and maintaining the Chamber’s website and online business directory.
3) Perform marketing duties for community projects involving the Chamber and/or Members.
4) Performs clerical duties in a computerized office environment (MS Office + custom software)
5) Responds to service and information requests received from Chamber Members and the general public.
6) Handle cash, cheque, credit/debit card transactions.
7) Provide support/vacation relief to staff, as required.
8) Participate in social and/or fund-raising projects, as required.
9) Perform other duties, as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
May be required to work outside and beyond normal office hours, including some evenings. Must be bondable.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
8 weeks – July to August
34.5 hours 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday to Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Friday
$15.50 per hour, payable bi-weekly
Questions, please contact Christy Hunking at email@example.com
Resumes may be sent to: Paul Jenkins, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org