Valued Members –
Below is your St. Thomas & District Chamber of Commerce update for Wednesday, May 6th.
Back to Business
· Southwestern Public Health has prepared two resources to support local employers who are resuming operations as part of Ontario’s Framework to Reopen Our Province.
1. Supporting Employers Reopenings
2. Alternative PPE Suppliers
· Are you a local business with the capacity to support our community’s PPE needs, please let the Chamber know and we will include your contact information in future iterations of this document.
· From car parts to face shields, the Ford Motor Company has joined the growing number of businesses to shift focus and offer support to our front line health care workers.
Yesterday a supply of plastic protective face shields recently produced in the Windsor Engine Plant were donated to the #SewStrong campaign by our friends at St. Thomas Ford Lincoln. We are truly thankful for their community support!
Sporting the new face shields are Case Hoffer from the Columbus Club, who also worked at the former St. Thomas Ford Plant, Bruce Dumouchelle and John Stollery from St. Thomas Ford Lincoln and Paul Jenkins from the St. Thomas & District Chamber of Commerce.
· On May 12th, SBEC and the Chamber are partnering on the delivery of Building Online: Expanding Brick & Mortar with Amanda DeVries. This workshop is intended for businesses that sell products or services wanting to move some or all of their inventory online. Click here to register.
· On May 13th, the Chamber is hosting a Coffee Talk with ARC Benefits Planning. Jeff Crossett will offer a view of the current investment landscape. Moreover, Tatjana Burcul will highlight relevant employee benefit solutions for your business during this difficult time. Email Christy Hunking to register.
· On May 21st, the Chamber is hosting a Coffee Talk with MP Karen Vecchio and MPP Jeff Yurek. Email Christy Hunking to register.
Stay healthy and safe.
St. Thomas & District Chamber of Commerce