Valued Members –
Below is your COVID-19 update for Thursday, March 26th.
Community COVID-19 Status
· Currently, there are two confirmed cases in Elgin County. The risk in Elgin and the City of St. Thomas is moderate. Residents are reminded to stay home and practice social distancing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. For more information, please visit Southwestern Public Health.
· Starting yesterday and for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic, Southwestern Public Health will send a daily update with relevant quality, relevant and timely information to its partners in St. Thomas and Elgin. Click here to sign up.
· St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital continues to enforce a ‘no visitor’ policy.
· Contact Southwestern Public Health 519.631.9900, Telehealth Ontario 1.866.797.0000 or your physician ‘first’ if you suspect you may have contracted the virus.
We Want to Hear From You!
· In an effort to monitor the progression of COVID-19 on local businesses, Elgin County Economic Development in partnership with: Western Ontario Wardens' Caucus, Elgin Business Resource Centre, Elgin/St. Thomas Small Business Enterprise Centre, St. Thomas & District Chamber of Commerce, Port Stanley BIA, and the Aylmer Chamber of Commerce, are seeking your assistance in providing high level reporting so that we can advocate on your behalf with all levels of government.
Please complete the survey by clicking here.
Operating in a Pandemic
· Yesterday, Southwestern Public Health issued “Recommendations for Essential Retailers” that offers best practices for to keep staff and customers safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
· Railway City Tourism wants us to Love Local by supporting the businesses that make our community such a great place to live, work, and play. Click here to view the list. It is updated daily.
· Elgin County’s Economic Development and Tourism is also pulling together a directory of local businesses offering take out, essential businesses that are still open, and any businesses with an online store. Click here to let them know if you are open and how you are operating. It will be hosted on Elgin Tourism’s website.
Stay healthy and safe.
St. Thomas & District Chamber of Commerce