Valued Members –
Below is your St. Thomas & District Chamber of Commerce update for Thursday, April 30th.
· On Wednesday, the Elgin/St. Thomas Small Business Enterprise Centre, the St. Thomas Economic Development Corporation, the St. Thomas Downtown Development Board, and Elgin County Economic Development & Tourism launched the “COVID-19 Business Development Fund.” Grants of up to $2,000 with a focus on assisting digital marketing and sales are available. Click here to learn more.
· Wendy’s St. Thomas would like to help local entrepreneurs promote their businesses through the Wendy’s pick up window. If you have flyers or coupons you want to get in the hands of our community, contact Joe Preston today.
· The Talbot Teen Centre team wants our business community to know that they are back at work and offering support and guidance to local youth via social messaging, online meetings and phone. They are also offering Homework Help via the same channels. The hours will be posted on all of our social platforms. Click here to learn more.
· The St. Thomas & District Chamber of Commerce, myFM94.1, and Game Over Baby are selling #SewStrong t-shirts for $25 (taxes included). These are available in sizes S-XXL. $10 from each t-shirt will help support community created comfort PPE items. Place your order by clicking here by May 3rd.
Updated Business Resources
· On May 12th, SBEC and the Chamber are partnering on the delivery of Building Online: Expanding Brick & Mortar with Amanda DeVries. This workshop is intended for businesses that sell products or services wanting to move some or all of their inventory online. Click here to register.
· Earlier this week, the Ontario Chamber of Commerce released its COVID-19 Policy Brief - Unchartered Territory: Assessing the Landscape for Ontario's Economic Recovery Post COVID-19. “Now is our opportunity to once again demonstrate our dexterity in overcoming highly complex and nuanced industrial challenges.”
Amplifying Our Impact!
· In an effort to monitor the progression of COVID-19 on local businesses, Elgin County Economic Development in partnership with: Western Ontario Wardens' Caucus, Elgin Business Resource Centre, Elgin/St. Thomas Small Business Enterprise Centre, St. Thomas & District Chamber of Commerce, Port Stanley BIA, and the Aylmer Chamber of Commerce, are seeking your assistance in providing high level reporting so that we can advocate on your behalf with all levels of government. Please complete the survey by clicking here.
Finally, a special shout out to all the local businesses going above and beyond every day to ensure the prosperity of our entire community.
Stay healthy and safe.
St. Thomas & District Chamber of Commerce