Valued Members –
Below is your COVID-19 update for Thursday, April 2nd.
Community COVID-19 Status
· Currently, there are 11 confirmed cases in Elgin County. For more information, please visit Southwestern Public Health.
· St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital continues to enforce a ‘no visitor’ policy.
· Contact Southwestern Public Health 519.631.9900, Telehealth Ontario 1.866.797.0000 or your physician ‘first’ if you suspect you may have contracted the virus.
A Message from Southwestern Public Health to our Business Community
· Are you a customer-facing essential business? For the safety of your staff and customers, please:
- Clearly communicate physical distancing at all points of the customer experience.
- Use tape on the floor to make physical reminders of the distance you are asked to maintain.
- Have customers enter aisles in only one direction to avoid people side by side
- Keep open every other checkout to ensure customers keep a safe distance
- Shop alone, if at all possible.
A Reminder from the St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital
· STEGH is still requesting our business community’s express help in establishing local supply chains for much needed Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
· The following pieces of equipment are needed: Medical grade masks (level 1, 2, 3); N95 Respirators; Reusable Respirators and Cartridges; Tyvek Suits; Portable HEPA Filters; Medical Grade Monitors (not home blood pressure units); Disposable Hood Masks; Disposable or Reusable Face Shields Visor and Neck Coverings.
· Donations can be dropped off at the hospital (189 Elm Street, St. Thomas) at the East entrance between 9AM – 3PM. Or you can coordinate your donation with Kathy Jameson, Interim Manager of Materials Management, St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital: COVIDdonations@stegh.on.ca.
Finally, a special shout out to Bill Fair and other incredible Chamber members just like him who are supporting local small businesses and charities during this difficult time. You make our community a better place. Thank you.
Stay healthy and safe.
St. Thomas & District Chamber of Commerce