Valued Members –
Below is your COVID-19 update for Thursday, April 16th.
Community COVID-19 Status
- Please sign up for Southwestern Public Health’s COVID-19 Daily Updates for the latest information about the disease in our community.
- St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital has opened a COVID-19 assessment centre. It is by referral and appointment only, and is located on the west side of the hospital at an entrance off of Hepburn Avenue.
- Contact Southwestern Public Health 519.631.9900, Telehealth Ontario 1.866.797.0000 or your physician ‘first’ if you suspect you may have contracted the virus.
Thank you to Shelley Vinayak, Commercial Banker, RBC, and Adrienne Bennett, Community Manager, St. Thomas and South Oxford, RBC, for joining us yesterday on the Chamber’s first-ever Coffee Talk. The five main takeaways from the conversation:
- You are not facing COVID-19 alone
- Be proactive in connecting with your financial institution
- Be prepared to move your banking online
- All financial institutions can connect you to the same government-backed programs
- The Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) provides interest-free loans of up to $40,000 to small businesses and not-for-profits, to help cover operating costs. It is accessible today through your bank.
Finally, a special shout out to St. Thomas & Elgin Home Builders Association who paid a special tribute to our local healthcare heroes earlier this week. Has your business went above and beyond? We want to hear from you!
Stay healthy and safe.
St. Thomas & District Chamber of Commerce