Seasonal Road Maintenance Employee
THE TOWNSHIP OF SOUTHWOLD
WINTER SEASONAL ROAD MAINTENANCE EMPLOYEE
The predominantly rural community of the Township of Southwold has a strong agricultural base and is located in the central part of Elgin County. Incorporated in 1852, the Township includes the hamlets of Fingal, Iona, Iona Station, Paynes Mills, Shedden and Talbotville. Our offices are an easy commute from both London and St. Thomas. Our municipal office is located at 35663 Fingal Line, Fingal, ON.
With a total population of approximately 5,000 residents, the municipality offers beautiful countryside and a wonderful blend of active farms, historic villages and tourism.
Learn more about us at www.southwold.ca.
Reporting directly to the Working Roads Foreman, the successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and patrolling of roads and roads related infrastructure maintenance (e.g. sidewalks, bridges, guardrails) in accordance with Municipal objectives and Standard Operating Procedures, from the hours of 3:30 pm to 11 pm, Monday to Friday.
Ideal candidate will bring:
• Minimum Class DZ driver’s license in good standing with Driver’s Abstract.
Experience operating equipment such as snow plow, highway transport truck, dump truck, backhoe, loader will be considered an asset.
• Performs and maintains accurate and proper records and documentation of activities and patrols performed.
• Knowledge of construction and maintenance activities, experienced in operation of equipment.
• Trained in Book 7 Short Duration Stops and Traffic Control considered an asset.
• Knowledge of WHMIS and Occupational Health & Safety Act.
• Understanding of Health & Safety issues relevant to daily operations/equipment usage.
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
This is a temporary, full-time position from November 14th, 2022 – March 17th, 2023.
The rate of pay for this position will commensurate with experience.
This position is not entitled to benefits and the successful candidate is not eligible to participate in the Township’s OMERS pension program. Applicants must indicate how they meet the minimum qualifications in their resume. Please submit your cover letter and resume in a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence by 3:30p.m., Friday October 14th, 2022.
Please specify “Winter Seasonal Road Maintenance Employee” in the subject line.
The Township of Southwold is an equal opportunity employer. Disability related accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. Thank you for your interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
For full details - click here.