St. Thomas Public Library
has an opening for
Full Time Caretaker/Maintenance Worker
This CUPE Local 841.2 position, under the supervision of the Manager, Digital & Support Services and the functional guidance of the Administrative Coordinator, is responsible for the overall cleaning and maintenance of the building and grounds, and providing technical guidance to the Caretaker.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Wage Rate: $21.71 – 27.11 hourly (2020 rate)
Experience and Qualifications Required:
• Secondary school diploma
• 2 years of experience in a similar position in public buildings, e.g., hospitals or schools
• Ability to work independently while prioritizing multiple demands and effectively managing time.
• Ability to engage with people in a respectful manner.
• Must be capable of maintaining the extremely high standard of cleanliness required during a pandemic.
• Ability to sustain occasional periods of high levels of physical exertion. This includes heavy lifting (50+ lb.), walking, bending, pushing large loads, carrying, stooping, reaching, standing on ladders, , grass cutting etc.
• Must be able to sustain occasional periods of high levels of physical exertion. This includes lifting 50+ lbs., walking, bending, pushing large loads, carrying, stooping, reaching, standing on ladders, grass cutting, etc.
• Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System.
• Needs to be available to work days, evenings, and weekends.
• Must have experience in cleaning and general maintenance with an understanding of cleaning processes, products, and equipment.
Expressions of interest to be submitted on or before Thursday May 13, 2021.
Go to www.stthomas.ca – Employment, Employment Opportunities.
Go to Posting Title.
Please UPLOAD your COVER LETTER AND RESUME individually (i.e. pdf, word).
Note: You will be required to answer Qualification questions during the application process.
When your application has been successfully received through Dayforce, you will receive an email from email@example.com stating “Congratulations, your application has been successfully submitted.”
All prospective employees, volunteers and students will be required to provide an acceptable “Criminal Record Search” as a condition of employment and prior to commencing employment.
Although we appreciate all applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information for this position is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, R.S.O. 2001, as amended.
The City of St. Thomas is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, you must provide your accommodation needs in advance. Questions may be directed to the Human Resources Department at 519-631-1680 ext. 4146.